Wednesday 13 February 2013

Alone


A fantastic short story now from Tanya. I love the story building in this one! Plenty to 'borrow' for your own chillers :)
GRAMMAR GURUS: Some nice adverbs used in this one and one more non-finite clauses, one of which is beautifully dropped into a sentence with parenthetical commas. Can you spot them?

Alone
Nine o' clock. Mum and dad are out. I am left alone in the old creaky flat. DRIP DRIP DRIP went the tap as I headed towards the closet to grab a mop.

Suddenly, I felt like something cold just ran through me. I was breathing heavily, gasping for air. Just at that moment, a shrill knock pierced the silence. "Who would come at a time like this?" I thought, staring through the window, peering at the pitch black sky.

I reluctantly opened the door, finding a small creased note on the floor. I scooped it up in my hands and read the message. My heart skipped a beat. It said "KILL!"

I swallowed my fear. I was sweating heavily as I ran down the hallway to call 999, but before I could even touch the phone, a cold bony hand grabbed me firmly. I screwed my eyes shut, tensing every muscle in my body, then a cold eery voice whispered... "KILL".

By Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what chilling activities you have been up to at home. Scared your little brother yet? Told a story that made your mum sleep with the light on? Maybe even tell us a short story or poem of your own!